I’ve never been one for setting goals. It’s just never appealed to me. But for some reason (drinking the new year kool-aid?), this year I want to write out a few things and see how I do.
– Read more. I set my Goodreads goal at 20 which is about 16 more than last year and still seems pretty attainable. We’ll see, though.
– Take Duncan out for at least a 20 minute walk every day, barring bad weather or working past dark. It’s good for both of us and helps with my whole fitbit 10K steps thing.
– Take more pictures. If you follow me on instagram, then you know I just got a DSLR and I want to learn how to use it. Any good resources to send my way? I’m going to attempt a project 365 but we’ll see how that goes…
– Do something with said pictures. I got really into the idea of a smashbook last year and never used it after the newness wore off. I should change that.
– Acquire a taste for red wine. We’re going to Napa in the fall (!!!) and I think only drinking white wine will lessen my enjoyment of the whole experience.
– Cook more. I hate it, but it’s time I tried a teensy bit harder. Baby steps.
– Organize my work stuff better. I always have scratch paper and multiple notebooks going with all kinds of notes about projects but I got a new planner and a matching moleskine professional notebook with a cool set-up that I’m hoping will help me stay organized. And if not, at least they’re pretty, right?
Planner is Sugar Paper for Target and the layout is exactly what I needed… They came out late October and are only sold in stores so I might have gone to three to find this. The Moleskine was purchased with a Container Store gift card. I’ll let you know if it was worth the cash.
I’m excited. These are all things I want to do, so I hope I can stick with them.